Don’t let the winter blues get you in a rut going to the same places over and over again. The Twin Cities has hundreds of fun indoor activities for you and your minis. Try one of these favorite spots for your next playdate.
- InnerActive Edge (Hopkins) – 18,000+ square foot space with the simple focus of providing play and fitness for children of all ages. Playground, jumper, turf field & more.
- Rockin’ Jump (Eagan) Opened in January 2017, this place offers trampoline jumping, dodgeball, rock climbing, an arcade game center, giant human hamster balls we call “Bash Ball”, and a ninja obstacle course, to name a few.
- Rainbow Play Systems (Bloomington) – Let the Rainbow swingset display room be your playground. Open for play on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Eagles Nest (New Brighton) – Imaginations will run wild as children run through this forest themed playground. Special section for children under 3.
- Gleason’s Gymnastics School (Maple Grove) – Play around on gymnastics equipment, foam pit and mats during open gym offered throughout the week
- View more indoor indoor playgrounds & play areas, gyms with open playtimes, and indoor amusement centers
COFFEE SHOPS/RESTAURANTS WITH PLAY AREAS
- Day by Day Café (St Paul) – Made from scratch food, great coffee, and buckets of toys that line the shelves.
- Munkabeans Cafe (Hopkins) – Cute coffee shop with a little kids’ reading corner and chalkboard.
- View more coffee shop/restaurants with play areas
INDOOR INTERPRETIVE/NATURE CENTERS
- Oakdale Discovery Center and Nature Preserve (Oakdale) – An award-winning facility provides visitors of all ages a quiet place of reflection and a unique place to learn about nature. Art, nature, books, meeting/reception space.
- Richardson Nature Center (Bloomington) – A beautiful space with books, puzzles, puppets to play with and animals to view.
- View all our indoor interpretive/nature centers
MUSIC & PERFORMANCES
- Saint Paul Public Library Saturday Live (St Paul) – George Latimer Central library hosts a story time, puppet show, music or other performance. Saturdays at 11:15
- Midtown Global Market (Minneapolis) – Crafts, dance, puppets and more. Wee Wednesdays 10:30-1pm
- Music Together (Various Locations) – Music & movement classes with 12 west metro locations.
- View more performing arts and music
- Red Balloon Bookstore (St Paul) – Weekly storytimes geared toward toddlers. See calendar for storytimes in Spanish. Wednesday & Thursdays from 10:30-11am.
- Kiddywampus (Hopkins) – Musical storytimes for infants to toddlers. Most Mondays from 9:30-10am.
- View more in books & readings
TOY & CRAFT STORES
- Teeny Bee Boutique –This is a chance to let your little ones run around, explore the toys, and interact with other kids while you get some much needed adult interaction! Wednesdays 10:30-12pm.
- Heartfelt (Minneapolis) – Drop in anytime to work on a craft project. Located in the beautiful Linden Hills area of Minneapolis.
- View more arts & crafts and toy stores
For additional suggestions, consider one of these:
- Places Near You To Turn Into an Adventure
- Winter Oasis – A Bakery in a Greenhouse
- Minnesota Places You’ve Been Meaning to Check Out on a Rainy Day
- Classes for Kids
- Outdoor Winter Fun in Minnesota
- Special Free Admission Days at the Museums
- Kids Eat Free Restaurants
- Free Birthday Treats
- Volunteer with Your Kids
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.
#Best of Minnesota