Sweets comes in many shapes and sizes – cupcakes, candy, ice cream, and donuts to name a few. The Twin Cities has an indulgently delicious number of options to tame even the sweetest sweet tooth.
- A Cupcake Social (Minneapolis MN) – Bright little spot with a great assortment of cupcakes. They have a kitchen play area and a small table for the minis.
- Cupcake (Eagan MN) – Best buttercream frosting I’ve had on a cupcake, hands-down. They make some killer macaroons, too.
- Amy’s Cupcake Shop (Hopkins MN) – Downtown Hopkins is a great mainstreet to stroll with the family. Don’t miss a stop into this sweet little shop while you’re there.
- Abdallah Candies & Gifts (Burnsville MN) – Over 200 varieties of velvety chocolates available in bulk. Plus prepacked chocolates and in our humble opinion, hands down, the best caramel apples in town.
- Sugar Sugar (Minneapolis MN) – Brightly colored and full of all sorts of sweet unique goodness.
- Chocolate’s Chocolate Chateau (St Paul MN) – If you’re looking for something fancy, this place is top notch. The chocolate is divine, the ice cream from Sebastian’s Joes, plus great food and outdoor patio to boot.
- Minnesota’s Largest Candy Store (Jordan MN) – This bright yellow seasonal candy store can easily be spotted off of Hwy 169 in the summer and fall. Inside you’ll find one of the largest collections of candy, sodas, and jigsaw puzzles in town.
- click here to see our full Candy Shops list
- Sssdude-Nutz (Minneapolis) – With a name like this one you may have a difficult time remembering it, but you certainly won’t forget their unusual and scrumptious donuts in the heart of Dinkytown.
- Truffles and Tortes (Anoka) – Just try to not drool over this dessert cafe’s menu. Decadent chocolates, desserts, and savory food options, as well.
- Trung Nam French Bakery (St Paul) – Buttery, perfectly balanced chocolate croissants are just one of their Vietnamese/French baked goods. Best yet, they have a drive thru option!
- Bittersweet Gluten Free Bakery (Eagan) – No need to leave our gluten free friends out of the fun. GF Cookies, cakes, and even pizzas and breads are all served fresh Monday-Saturday.
- click here to see our full Bakeries list
- Honey & Mackie’s (Plymouth) – Homemade small batch ice creams that will make your mouth drop.
- The Malt Shop (Minneapolis) – Create your combo, or go for one of their tried and true specialty malts such as chocolate chunk pecan cookie dough, pina colada, or canteloupe.
- Cullens Ice Cream (Champlin) – Make your own root beer float. In addition to their premium hand scooped ice cream, they have a soda wall with 125 flavors of glass bottle soda.
- Patti’s Sweet Shoppe (Roseville) – Old Fashioned hand dipped ice cream, retro sodas, nostalgic candy, and so much more!
- click here to see our full Ice Cream Shop list
There’s no better time to celebrate than your birthday! Check out our list of places to go for a free birthday treat.