Lakes, Splashpads, Waterparks and more! There are a ton of fun ways to get your feet wet this summer in the great state of Minnesota.
Here’s our Best Minnesota places to Dip Your Toes in the Water:
- Round Lake Splash Pad & Beach (Eden Prairie) – This park has it all: playground, splash pad, beach, lake. Plus every Friday at 11am the park has an Itty-bitty Beach Party with music and fun for the little ones.
- Lakeside Commons Park (Blaine) You have your pick with this park. Splashpad or Beach. Better yet, rent one of their canoe, kayaks or paddle boats and really make it an adventure!
- Kelley Park (Apple Valley) – Wonderful playground, with a splashpad to boot! The park has music Fridays from 6-9pm so make sure to pack some snacks so you can stay a while.
- Father Hennepin State Park (Isle) Lake, beach, boat access, fishing pier and camping. Sounds like it’s going to be a nice little weekend.
- Quarry Park & Nature Preserve (Waite Park) – Jump into a swimming hole over 100 feet deep. This park also offers fishing, scuba diving, rock climbing and more!
- Pine Springs Swimming Pool (Blooming Prairie)- Spring fed and then treated with chlorine, this swimming pool is designed to look and feel like you’re at a lake (only a lot cleaner)
- Cascade Bay Water Park (Eagan) – This waterpark has a zero entry pool, lazy river and even a mini golf course
- Lake Carlos State Park (Carlos) – A perfect setting for swimming, fishing, boating, camping, hiking and horseback riding. Not a fan of sleeping in a tent? They have cute little camper cabins available, as well.
- Oak Hill Splash Pad (St Louis Park) – Tots activate bubbling hoses, water nozzles and sprinkler arches by just a wave of the hand
- Nicollet Commons Park (Burnsville) – A town-square inspired park with splashpad. Grab some Chinese and a blanket on a Thursday afternoon to catch their summer music series.
- Lake Elmo Swimming Pond (Lake Elmo) – The water is filtered, lightly chlorinated and without fish!
- Shoreview Community Center (Shoreview) – We all know they’ll be days in in our MN summer that are too cold to be outdoors. Fear not – Shoreview has a great indoor waterpark (and play area, too)!
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.
#Best of Minnesota)