Spring is here! Let’s get out and celebrate. Here are our top picks for places to enjoy spring in Minnesota
- Farm Babies at the MN Zoo – End of March thru April
- Tap into something sweet at a Maple Syrup Festival – March – April
- Go on a hike at a nature center and search for signs of spring
- Don’t forget to bring your baskets with you when you go Egg Hunting
- Prepare your nose for beautiful smells when you choose one of our Top Places to Stop & Smell the Roses (and other flowers, too)
- Grab your binoculars. Birds are everywhere! Eagles Migrating up the Mississippi, Trumpeter Swans at the park, nesting colonies at Pigeon Rookery
- See the baby animals and sheep shearing at Gale Woods Farm in Minnestrista.
- Sea Salt in Minneapolis opens for the season each year 11am on April 1st
- Catch a baseball game outside! The Saints season starts late May and the Twins home opener is in early April
- Rent a bike! Nice Ride MN season starts early April. BikeMunk is keeping tabs on new bike sharing companies popping up around the country.
- SOAR Festival – National Eagle Center in Wabasha – Every weekend in March learners of all ages can enjoy activities and learn about and experience eagles, raptors, and birds of all types.
- Get outside and explore some new playgrounds, sKIDaddlers has over 150 playgrounds listed in the Twin Cities!
- May Day Parade and Festival in Minneapolis with larger than life puppets – May 5
- See the apple trees in bloom on the Apple Blossom Scenic Byway in Southern MN (generally Mid-May)
- Warm, sunny, spring day calls for one thing – ice cream! sKIDaddlers has over 50 listed in the Twin Cities alone!
- Celebrate the beginning of spring at the annual Art in Bloom celebration at the Minneapolis Institute of Art – April 14
- Start working on your summer bucket list!
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.