Pump up your tires and get ready to ride with one of our top MN family-friendly bike trails. The best rides for families are on the trails that were converted from old train lines.
Here are 5 of Minnesota’s best!
- Cannon Valley Trail – A beautiful canopied bike trail that connects Cannon River to RedWing. (20mi)
- Big Rivers Regional Trail– Occupies a former rail bed up in Mendota Heights. This path is mostly flat, pretty straight, and offers limestone bluffs and river parkways (4.5mi)
- Cuyuna Lakes State Trail – Breathtaking views up in the Brainerd area. Stay overnight in a yurt at the Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area (6.1mi)
- Gitchi-Gami State Trail– In northern Minnesota, ride along Lake Superior with loads of incredible views of our great lake. This trail is for all ability levels (29mi)
- Root River Trail – In Southern Minnesota, this trail runs along an abandoned railroad bed through towering 300-foot limestone bluffs, forestlands, river, rolling fields and pure inspiration (60mi)
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.
#Best of Minnesota