The Twin Cities are full of so many wonderful places to explore. We have amazing museums, parks, shops, restaurants and more. But sometimes you just want to find something a little more off the beaten path. Seeking out hidden gems is our specialty.
Below are 15 of our favorite lesser known spots:
- Bigstone Mini-Golf and Sculpture Garden (Minnetrista MN) – Mini Golf your way on, over, and through amazing pieces of art, stroll the sculpture garden and visit the goat.
- Caponi Art Park (Eagan MN) – Sculpture garden, hiking trails, and loads of fun events all summer long
- Swan Park (Monticello MN) – Home to over 2,000 Trumpeter Swans in the winter months from Mid November- March
- Normandale Japanese Garden (Bloomington MN) Feel like you’re right in the middle of Japan – and don’t miss the koi pond.
- Tamarack Nature Center (White Bear Township MN) Check out the nature center and hiking trails and don’t miss the natural play area
- Bike with a Ranger Along the Mississippi River (Minneapolis MN) – Why bike alone when you can be joined by an informative and friendly park ranger?
- Sandcreek Adventures (Jordan MN) – You don’t need to travel far to soar high over the bluffs. Offering zip lines and high rope courses
- The Salt Cave (Minneapolis MN) – it and play in a room full of a beautifully pink Himalayan salt cave room, and let the salt loosen congestion and open airways.
- Twin Cities Trapeze Center (St Paul MN) – Why stop at gymnastics when you and your children can take off on a flying trapeze?
- Whirlyball (Maple Grove MN) – Think bumper cars meets basketball
- ESCAPEmsp (Golden Valley MN) – Get locked in a themed room and work as a team to solve the puzzle and escape
- Firehall Museum (Minneapolis MN) – Do your kids want to be a fireman/woman when they grow up? Inspire them.
- The Dancing Goat Coffee Shop (St Paul MN) – Coffee + Free Wi-Fi + and a Kids Play Area. Sounds like a nice little Saturday morning
- Peppermint Twist Drive-In and Teddy Bear Park (Delano) – A family-owned restaurant featuring burgers and shakes and a playground to play on while waiting for your food!
- Erik’s Ranch and Retreat (Edina MN) – Be a “voluntourist” and go listen to an adult with autism speak on a topic they’re passionate about
Discover someplace new!
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.
Related Searches: Unique Places for an Overnight Stay in Minnesota & Wisconsin, Unique Dining, Top Picks!, Resources