From llama trekking B&B’s to dog sled lodges and tree house resorts, this list provides 10 very unusual places for an overnight stay in the Minnesota & Wisconsin area:
- Ludlows Island Resort (Cook MN) – Offers a 4-story treehouse with amazing lake views
- Nordic Inn Mid Evil Bed and Breakfast (Crosby MN) – A Viking interactive dinner theater and bed and breakfast
- Moonstone Farm Bed and Breakfast (Montevideo MN) – Stay in the guest cottage on a farm for a truly relaxing experience
- Whistle Stop Bed and Breakfast (New York Mills MN) – Have dinner on a train and then stay in an authentic railroad car
- Wintergreen Dog Sledding Lodge (Ely MN) The nation’s only lodge devoted exclusively to dogsledding
- Room to Roam Farm & Guesthouse (Fountain City WI) – Stay in your own house on the Mississippi river and help out with the daily chores like feeding a bottle to a baby cow.
- Smokey Hollow Campground (Lodi WI) – Don’t want to setup a tent to go camping? Here you can rent a wagon, yurt, RV, or bus to name a few.
- Fun n The Sun Houseboat Rental (Alma WI) – Enjoy a houseboat vacation on the Mississippi River
- Woodside Ranch (Mauston WI) A truly western hospitality experiencein the heart of the Midwest!
- Pod Up North (Woodruff WI) – Sleep in a Futuro POD, stocked with all the classic alien movies, and then head out to your private access, 60 acre lake with a soft, sand beach
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.
#Fun Places to Stay in WI & MN, lodging, family fun, twin cities, haycation