Spring Break Activities
Don’t get stir crazy – Get out and discover something new! Here are some ideas for inspiration.
- Mudslinger Pottery (Afton MN) Get your hands dirty while spinning a pottery wheel. The Captain uses a “hands-on” method to help you experience the wonder of feeling clay being shaped by your own hands. Must be age 10 and up
- Artscraps (St. Paul MN) ArtScraps collects scraps, overstock, factory rejects, and other items normally destined for the landfill. They make their products available to anyone working with children or interested in reducing waste through reuse of discard able materials.
- Paint Your Plate (St. Paul MN) Paint Your Plate Contemporary Ceramic Studio Where you become the artist! CREATE A ONE-OF-A-KIND TREASURE. Easy and Great fun & relaxing!
- Gammy and Gumpy’s (Stillwater MN) They pick toys to engage children’s imaginations and creativity, because they believe children should play with toys, and not the other way around.
- Grand Slam (Burnsville MN) Grand Slam features over 30,000 square feet of activities for all ages including laser tag, mini golf, batting cages, bumper cars, arcade games, and a giant indoor trampoline room!
- Let’s go to the movies!
- Indoor Activities for Teens & Tweens – Want more ideas? We put together a top list of indoor activities for the older kids. Go-Karts, Climbing Walls, Riddle Rooms and more.
- Free Admission Days – Many Twin Cities businesses offer FREE admission on specific days of the week or the month. Museums, a movie theatres, puppet shows, ballet and more.
- Volunteer! Have fun with your children at home while making a difference in your community.
- Nature Centers – Nature centers have loads of fun activities. They often have indoor space as well in case the weather isn’t warm enough to be outside long.
Day Trips from the Twin Cities
- National Eagle Center (Wabasha MN) See Bald Eagles up close and personal. Climb into the eagle’s nest and take in the view.
- Quarry Hill Park & Nature Center (Fossil Hunting) (Rochester MN) Observe 35 varieties of live animals, birds, and fish and a large collection of taxidermy. Then head out back for some fossil hunting.
- Lark Toys (Kellogg MN) More than an amazing toy store, Lark Toys also has mini golf, an antique toy museum, fudge shop, and carousel
- Village Shops at Down A Country Road (Cashton WI) The village shops include 6 Amish gift shops filled with treasures, as well as a coffee & ice cream shop.
- Deep Portage Learning Center (Hackensack MN) Minnesota’s largest outdoor classroom. Nearly ten square miles of rolling hills, pristine lakes and dense forests await your exploration.
- Hjemkomst Center & Viking Ship ( Moorhead MN) Home to Hjemkomst Viking Ship, Hopperstad Stave Church replica, and museum.
Try a New Restaurant!
- Kids Eat Free Restaurants – Don’t want to pay for another dinner your kids won’t end of up eating anyways?
- Pan Asian Fun – Food & entertainment? Yes please! Mongolian BBQs, Japanese Steak Houses, and Dim Sum.
- Unique Dining – Check out some of our more unique finds like drive-ins, dinner shows, tea rooms, karaoke and much, much more
- Ice Cream Shops – I scream, you scream, we always scream for ice cream
- Bakeries – With so many sweet choices you may find it difficult to pick just one