You don’t need to wait until the fall to pick your own fruits. Minnesota’s strawberries, raspberries & blueberries generally will be ready for harvesting around mid-June and run through July/August.
Strawberry season begins in early to mid June in southern and central Minnesota. Northern Minnesota harvesting will start about 2 weeks after southern Minnesota. The length of the season varies from year to year depending on the weather conditions but will last at least 2 full weeks, sometimes closer to 4 weeks.
Below is a list of farms harvesting strawberries in June
GREATER TWIN CITIES AREA
- Pine Tree Apple Orchard, White Bear Lake MN
- The Strawberry Basket, Monticello MN
- Bauer Berry Farm, Champlin MN
- The Berry Patch, Forest Lake MN
- Grayson’s Berryland, Clear Lake MN
- Berry Hill Farm, Anoka MN
- D Round Barn Berries, St Michael MN
- Rod’s Berry Farm, North Branch MN
- Anderson Berry Farm, Isanti MN
- Klingelhutz Farm, Waconia MN
- Afton Apple Orchard, Afton MN
- Sam Kedem Nursery & Garden, Hastings MN
- Straight River Farm, Faribault MN
- Lorence’s Berry Farm, Northfield MN
- Silkey Gardens, Northfield MN
- Still Dal Farm, Taylors Falls MN
- Natura Farms, Marine on Saint Croix MN
- Strawberry Patch, Melrose MN
- Brambling Rows Berry Farm, Brainerd MN
- Carter’s Red Wagon Farm, Park Rapids MN
- Herzog Berries, Underwood MN
See all our PYO Orchards plotted out on a map by clicking here: Pick Your Own Orchards
Here are a few tips to make your berry-picking adventure a success..
- Berry picking availability can change daily. Always check the website or call for any farm you planning to visit.
- It’s hot and sunny out in that field! Sunblock and hats are helpful, and bring plenty of water to drink.
- Expect messy fingers! Sometimes you grab a berry that is too ripe and it squishes in your fingers a little or sometimes little fingers are just too overzealous and squeeze the berries too much! In any case, wet wipes can be handy.
- Many farms only accept cash. Check their website or call ahead of time.
- Berries only last a handful of days after picked, so plan ahead for what you are going to do with all those delicious berries
Related: Seasonal Events, Raspberry Farms Harvesting in July, Blueberry Farms Harvesting in July, Farmers Markets with Family Fun Activities, Pizza Farms, Summer Music in the Park Series, Wineries & Breweries, Eat Local