Nothing spreads holiday cheer light twinkling lights against the white glistening snow. Get ready to light up the night with our collection of Minnesota Christmas light displays.
Rice Park – St. Paul MN
Rice Park captures the spirit of the holiday season with a tree as tall and bright as the iconic Rockefeller Center tree in New York City. The gigantic tree in Rice Park will be lit 24 hours a day, seven days a week with 15,000 energy-efficient LED lights. The park will sparkle with thousands of twinkling lights and other holiday décor. WinterSkate Ice Skating Rink.
Winter Lights at the Arboretum, Chanhassen MN
Winter Lights is a family friendly display that welcomes all ages. Strollers and wagon are permited. Many display areas are conducive to walking and enjoying the lights. The Winter Farm has larger area for running around. The Winter farm will have a kiddie haybale maze designed to let the kids run and play.
The Oval – Roseville MN
The OVAL glows! Come on out and enjoy the Holiday lights in the Twin Cities most beautiful skating venue!
The Spirit of Winter Holiday Light Show at Sovereign Estate Wine – Waconia MN
Over 10 acres of the beautiful estate is illuminated with LED lights synchronized to music powered the their solar energy array. Many attractions include live petting llamas, Santa’s photo sleigh, the Holly Trolley Tractor ride, deck hockey, Nana’s Gingerbread playhouse, Illuminated Angel Garden, children’s snow maze, and a life size Nativity.
Shakopee Winter Wonderland – Shakopee, MN
A place where a family can visit with Santa and walk the path of amazing Christmas lights. Also we have crafts, cookies, hot cocoa and coffee in the garage. Owned by Roger Schmidt.
Holiday Lights on York Ave (aka Schultz Family Lights) – St Paul MN
Neighborhood holiday light extravaganza. Free
Kiwanis Holiday Lights – Mankato MN
Walk or Drive Through the Animated Lights. Free admission for all vehicles and walkers. Food and cash donations accepted. Skating Rink, Warming House, Heated Restrooms.
Winter Wonderland – Brainerd MN
Breathtaking lights, reflecting off of the sparkling white snow and strung into captivating displays will delight visitors as they drive through the Sertoma Winter Wonderland at the Northland Arboretum.
Rotary Lights – LaCrosse WI
With over 3,000,000 lights in our inventory, you can imagine the breadth and depth of this holiday display.
Private Homes with Lights Synchronized to Music
Hop in the car and create your own route. MNHolidayLights.com provides maps to homes that have Christmas Holiday Light Shows Synchronized to Music. Below is a sneak peek. Click here for details.
A few houses not to be missed include:
- Porter’s Holiday Light Show – Apple Valley MN
- Anderson Lights – Apple Valley MN
- MN Harmony Lights – Apple Valley MN
- Prairie Lights – Eden Prairie MN
- Shakopee Winter Wonderland – Shakopee MN
- Plymouth Lights – Plymouth MN
- Trista Lights – Minnetrista MN (out 2018; back in new location 2019)
- Lights on Pascolo – Chaska MN
- Christmas in Wadena – Wadena MN
- Pederson Family Light Show – Carver MN
- Celebrate the Light of the World – Willmar MN
Holiday Light Tours
Many companies offer holiday light tours. Leave the driving to the driver so you can sit back and enjoy the lights, too. Prices range from $25-$200+.
- Wabasha Street Caves Winter Lights Tour (Motorcoach)
- Holiday Light Tours (Trolley)
- Twin Cities Sightseeing Festive Holiday Light Tours (Bus)
- Davis Transportation (Limousine)
- Renee’s Royal Valet (Limousine)
- City View Limousine Service
- Luxury Limousine Service
- Ace VIP Limousine
Extra Holiday Cheer
Things to make it even more festive with some extra holiday cheer!
- Christmas Lights Scavenger hunt – Don’t forget a flashlight so you can see the list!
- Everyone put on their best holiday jammies
- Hot Chocolate and candy canes are a must
- Crank the Christmas music on the radio
- Jingle Bell Bracelets – Tie together jingle bell bracelets with some ribbon and jingle bells (find at a craft store) to make those Christmas songs even more fun to sing along with!
- Make sure to bring food for food shelve donations – a lot of the homes with big light displays collect donations for local food shelves
- Don’t want to have another argument about putting up the Christmas lights? You can hire it out with The Holiday Light Company
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.