Move over strawberries – it’s raspberry picking season!
Actually raspberries have 2 harvesting seasons. The start of the Minnesota raspberry summer bearing season usually begins in late June/early July (in between the start of strawberry season and blueberry season), and the second seasons bears around September.
Here’s a list of pick-your-own raspberry farms harvesting in July:
TWIN CITIES MN
- Berry Hill Farm, Anoka MN
- The Berry Patch, Forest Lake MN
- Grayson’s Berryland, Clear Lake MN
- Knapton’s Orchard, Greenfield MN
- Cherith Farms, Belle Plaine MN
- Natura Farms, Marine on St. Croix MN
- Silkey Gardens, Northfield MN
- Sam Kedem Nursery & Garden, Hastings MN
- Straight River Farm, Faribault MN
- Ben’s Berry Farm, Hinkley MN
- J. Q. Fruit Farm and Orchards, Princeton MN
- Brambling Rows Berry Farm, Brainerd MN
- Carman’s Berry Farm, Wadena MN
See all our PYO Orchards plotted out on a map by clicking here: Pick Your Own Orchards
Here are a few tips to make your berry-picking adventure a success..
- Berry picking availability can change daily. Always check the website or call for any farm you planning to visit.
- It’s hot and sunny out in that field! Sunblock and hats are helpful, and bring plenty of water to drink.
- Expect messy fingers! Sometimes you grab a berry that is too ripe and it squishes in your fingers a little or sometimes little fingers are just too overzealous and squeeze the berries too much! In any case, wet wipes can be handy.
- Many farms only accept cash. Check their website or call ahead of time.
- Berries only last a handful of days after picked, so plan ahead for what you are going to do with all those delicious berries
Related: Seasonal Events, Strawberry Farms Harvesting in July, Blueberry Farms Harvesting in July, Farmers Markets with Family Fun Activities, Pizza Farms, Summer Music in the Park Series, Wineries & Breweries, Eat Local