There are plenty of free, fun places in the Twin Cities to bring the kids for a little culture and entertainment.
- Midtown Global Market (Minneapolis MN) – Free music and activities every week. Family Fridays 5-8pm and Wee Wednesday 10:30am-1pm
- Toddler Tuesday (Bloomington MN-MOA) – Events include special character appearances, arts and crafts, story time and much more! Tuesdays 10am-Noon
- U of M School of Music (Minneapolis MN) – Watch faculty, students and guests perform. Most performances are free and open to the public. However, some do have a charge. Check the events calendar to view the individual performance for details including cost.
- St Paul Ballet (St Paul MN) –Bring your lunch to Landmark Center in St. Paul and enjoy a “taste” of the SPB training and Company repertoire. 2nd Tuesday of the month 12-1pm
- Landmark Center (St Paul) Sundays at Landmark is a series of cultural and art events that are designed to entertain, enrich and educate an audience. All programs begin at 1 pm unless otherwise noted and are free and open to the public!
- Target Free Family Music (Various Locations) – With the help of narrators, stories and themes, classical music is brought to life in exciting, toe-tapping ways. Location and dates vary by performance
- Heart of the Beast Puppet Shows (Minneapolis MN) – Designed to inspire and delight children of all ages, our Saturday morning puppet shows share stories, both big and small, from around the world. Saturdays at 10am & Noon (Pay what you can)
- Imagination Theater (Minneapolis MN) – The theater uses a special black lighting system that allows puppeteers dressed in black to “disappear”, while the puppet models and set designs glow, captivating the attention of the audience. Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursday at 9:30am, 10:30am, 2:30pm $2 children/adults free
- Mediterranean Cruise Café Belly Dancing (Burnsville MN) –You’ll need to be dining in to catch this free show, but Thursdays thru Sunday starting at 6pm they have unique belly dancing entertainment
- Music in the Park Series (Various Locations) – Throughout the summer, many parks have weekly entertainment. Visit our Music in the Park Series category to find a park near you
- Acme Comedy Open Mic (Minneapolis MN) –Mondays at 8pm come watch amateur comics take the stage during open mic night. Sorry younger kids, these shows are age 18+ only.
Related: Free Indoor (category), Kids Eat Free Restaurants, Free Birthday Treats, Twin Cities Free Indoor Places for a Playdate, Experience Gift Guide: Kid Friendly and Pennywise, Special Free Admission Day
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.