Many Twin Cities businesses offer FREE admission on specific days of the week or the month.
- Minnesota Children’s Museum (St Paul) – Free “Target Free 3rd Sunday” from 9am-5pm
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Minneapolis) – Always free, but Free “Target Family Day” the 2nd Sunday of the month 11am-5pm
- Walker Art Center (Minneapolis) – Free 1st Saturday Family day from 10am-5pm
- Northrup King Art Building (Minneapolis) – Open studios the 1st Thursday of every month from 5pm to 9pm
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum (Chaska) – Free admission 3rd Monday of the month after noon-6pm (Apr-Oct)
- Landmark Center (St Paul) – Free/Mostly Free events on many Sundays
- Minnesota History Center (St Paul) – Free admission Tuesdays 5-8pm
ALWAYS FREE – donations appreciated
- Midtown Global Market (Minneapolis) – Free Family Fridays 5-8pm; Wee Wed 10-12pm
- Weisman Art Museum (Minneapolis)
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Minneapolis)
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden (Minneapolis)
- Landmark Center (Minneapolis)
- Como Zoo (St Paul)
- Minnesota State Capital (St. Paul)
- Schubert Club Museum (St Paul)
- North Star Museum of Boy Scouting and Girl Scouting (N St Paul)
- Minnesota Wing Commerative Air Force (S St Paul)
- Red Wing Shoe Company Museum (Red Wing)
smART Pass – If you have a library card from any of the eight public library systems in the Twin Cities 7-county metro (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington counties, and the city of Saint Paul), you have the opportunity to reserve free and/or discounted admission to a wide range of arts experiences, such as museums, nature sites, performance groups, and theaters.
How about some other free things to do?
- Kids Eat Free Restaurants
- Twin Cities Free Performing Arts
- Kids Bowl Free daily all summer at select bowling alleys
- Kids Roller Skate Free weekly at select roller skating centers
- Free Craft Days
- Twin Cities Free Indoor Nature Centers
- Free Indoors (search category)
Visit Twin Cities Frugal Mom for her list of Free or Discounted Admission Programs for Limited Income Families
sKIDaddlers was started by 2 local Minnesota moms with a love for traveling and a knack for research. Learn more about us and what you can find on our site here.