Berry season is such a fleeting and lovely time of year. Yes, we just completed strawberry season and are just kicking off the first round of raspberry harvesting, but let us not for get the queen of all berries – Blueberries! These lovely berries are generally prime for picking in mid to late July. Lucky for us, we don’t have to wait long because it’s an early season this year.
Below is a list of pick-your-own blueberry farms harvesting in early July
GREATER TWIN CITIES AREA
- The Strawberry Basket, Monticello MN
- Bauer Berry Farms, Champlin MN
- Sam Kedem Nursery & Garden, Hastings MN
- Little Hill Berry Farm, Northfield MN
- Silkey Gardens, Northfield MN
- Straight River Farm, Faribault MN
- Blueberry Fields of Stillwater, Stillwater MN
- Wisp’O Willow Berry Farm, Stacy MN
- Blueberry Summer, St. Cloud MN
- Brambling Rows Berry Farm, Brainerd MN
- Jake and Scouts Berry Farm, Lake Shore MN
- Blueberry Meadows, Grand Rapids MN
- Carman’s Berry Farm, Wadena MN
- JQ Fruit Farm and Orchard, Princeton MN
- Wold Strawberries, Mabel MN
Tips to make your berry-picking adventure a success..
- Berry picking availability can change daily. Always check the website or call for any farm you planning to visit.
- It’s hot and sunny out in that field! Sunblock and hats are helpful, and bring plenty of water to drink.
- Expect messy fingers! Sometimes you grab a berry that is too ripe and it squishes in your fingers a little or sometimes little fingers are just too overzealous and squeeze the berries too much! In any case, wet wipes can be handy.
- Many farms only accept cash. Check their website or call ahead of time.
- Berries only last a handful of days after picked, so plan ahead for what you are going to do with all those delicious berries
Related: Category: Pick Your Own Orchards, Eat Local, Farmers Market with Family Fun Activities, Pick Your Own (PYO) Orchards – Strawberry Farms Harvesting in June, Pick Your Own Orchards – Raspberry Farms Harvesting in July, Pizza Farms